View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 09:40 PM   #1

How much power can a stock PZ30 feed ??

My Hawk had the VM26 clone when I got it, and it was fine, but I never could get it's float needle to completely stop gas flow, and since I had my old PZ30 that was on my TBR7, that fortunately came stock with a 36 pilot jet. I had already been running the carb on my TBR7 with full aftermarket exhaust, and pod filter .I already had the needle shimmed, and it has a 115 main ( maybe a 120). It runs absolutely perfect on my Hawk, which also has a pod filter, and full exhaust, but is otherwise stock. I bought one of those 70mm cylinder kits, that are supposed to fit without machine work. I also plan to port the head, and probably use a longer duration cam that I bought from eBay about a year ago. I will probably also be using a 4 degree advance key as well. Will I need to go with a bigger carb ? , and if so, should I go with something bigger than the Nibbi PE28? Also I don't know if I should do the build on my 2016 Hawk that I have on the road, which has around 3,000 miles on it ( I bought it a year ago, and it had almost no miles), OR if I should do the build to the motor of my 2020 Hawk that I bought for potential parts. It only has 400 miles, and seems to run good, BUT it has been abused probably during all 400 miles. I put a rear tube in it, and the cush bushings are already worn out on it. It's just been used as a dirt bike. I took it down the road, and all the gears work, but I know some years of Hawks had transmission issues. Any advice I get is appreciated.