View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 06:23 PM   #1

107cc boulder no spark

2017 Boulder 107cc

My sons 110 4 wheeler lost spark.

All through troubleshooting, I have had the kill switched temporarily disabled via middle wire on CDI.

This is the info I was using for trouble shooting.

https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-e...completed.html

I did some troubleshooting using some info I found on another forum. It wasn't clear what the bad values meant but I was fairly sure they were saying my stator was bad so I ordered an amazon one and threw that on. Still no spark.

I suspect/suspected that the info I had found was wrong and not applicable to my model. So I ordered a coil, cdi, voltage regulator etc on amazon and threw all that on. Still not spark.

Next I installed the old stator and I got spark. Put everything back together and have no spark again.

I was about to give up and I noticed a remote start/kill switch system near the gas tank. I tried unplugging that unit just to experiment... still no spark. I read recently that there is a jumper I need to reinstall if that is removed.

I feel like I need to go back to the drawing board here and get a manual and trouble shoot this thing right. The parts fit well but maybe they are wrong? Since I am fairly new to Chinese Atvs, does anything jump out to anyone here as an obvious direction to go. Are amazon parts suspect? Is there a component that I am un aware of?