Thread: Arizona Templar
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 02:40 PM   #23

The seat on my bike has been a source of irritation. It is quite firm and uncomfortable partially due to it's small section width. I decided to see if I could improve on the posterior padding. I removed the original cover and foam. I reassembled the seat retention brackets with loc-tite since two of them were loose.

I had ordered a slab of gel 3/4"x 12"x 12" and divided it into (3) 4"x 12" sections. I then placed one of the sections right in saddle area of the seat foam. I cut to specific depth in a grid pattern the size of one of my gel slabs. This grid allowed me to evacuate the unneeded foam and inset the first gel layer into the seat foam itself.

My remaining 2 slabs of gel were secured with some contact adhesive to the top of the seat.

Cover with a new seat cover. Pull everything tight and staple down with a t50 stapler or the like. 5/16 staples worked well.

Now, if you're short, consider that this mod raised the seat height 3/4" but your butt sinks into the gel...so I haven't noticed a difference in ability to put my feet down.

The extra comfort made this a worthwhile mod in my book. Ymmv.

Last edited by K'hermiit; 12-31-2023 at 02:45 PM. Reason: grammer & pic size