Thread: KPX250 Muffler?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 06:55 PM   #10

OK, so pretty please with the way things turned out.

A few things I've noticed so far. The db killer (endcap) has gotta go. It's making a "pift pift pift" sound which sounds awful, but that's not the muffler or endcap doing that... The exhaust gases are taking a glancing blow at the turn signal as it's exiting the muffler at high speed. (Plus I don't like the look of it). However without that in there, its WAY to loud. More like a megaphone especially when you jump on it riding (like painfully loud). My extension and adapter all welded up nicely, or as nicely as my skills can do. A little grinding and header paint and nobody's the wiser. Everything lined up well and didn't have to do any special mounts or anything to align the muffler to the rest of the exhaust. So far so good, but I'm going to get some internal baffles and replace my gasket between the header and (now) mid-pipe section.

For anybody who's interested and has taken off the muffler/cat on theirs. The crumbly graphite exhaust seal that goes at the junction between the muffler section and the header section is 35mm (ID) X 43mm (OD).
23 KPX250

Former
Early 80s(ish) Can-Am Rotax 250(retired)
94 Honda 750 Magna (custom) (stolen)
81 Yamaha XS650 Special II (retired)