Thread: Bicycles
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 02:55 AM   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
I ended up clearing out all but one of the bikes in wake of the separation. Sold the Triumph, Supercycle Xti and the now ex wifes beach cruiser. She took her bike with her so the only one remaining is the Supercycle Rush i bought last summer which i have yet to throw a leg over this season.

I might end up building a bike over the summer/fall. Likely a 5-7 speed with single sprocket crank. Not sure what wheel/tire size yet though.

Just an update on the above, Never did get out on the Rush at all this year, Actually contemplated selling it a couple times. I think the entire separation situation just soured riding for me because there def were no lack of days to get out. I might pick up a cheap Supercycle SC1600 if they still are available in the spring. They are just a simple rigid frame 26" bike like my old XTI. If i do so...one of two things may happen...One i just use it as a cheap trail basher to get back into shape then work my way up to riding the Rush again which i have determined needs a bit more set up and suspension adjustment which is likely something i was fighting while riding it. Suspension is set too soft and as i was trying to pedal i was wasting energy fighting the suspension to get effective movement. So a firmer suspension will def help with that. May even look into the idea of swapping to a disk fork on it and keeping the stock fork to build a Mullet (29" Front tire/27.5" rear tire) Still debating that one.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)