View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 09:28 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by btr22 View Post
I finally got around to looking at the valves. I took them out and put on only one or two wraps of Teflon tape. Then put some pipe sealant on the threads and screwed them in. Both shocks are holding air for several days without losing any pressure. I haven’t taken it for a ride yet. The air volume must be really minimal because just taking the inflator on and off the valve loses a few pounds. I filled them up to 20 psi with my electric Ryobi pump then use my low pressure gauge (15psi max) and bleed out the air to 15 psi. From your suggestions I’m probably gonna be comfortable at 10 psi.

Question is there any possibility of blowing out seals in the shocks with the extra air pressure?
Yes, use a hand pump. Ideally a bicycle suspension air pump works best since they don't lose air when disconnecting. They use a switch to open/close the valve. I wouldn't put more than 25 psi in them although they may hold more.

The forks are pretty firm at 15 psi aren't they? I've got mine down around 5 psi for road use.