View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 09:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
While i am an anti docter kind of guy, if not for western.medicine i wouldnt know i am leiden factor v, and would be dead over 10 yrs ago now.... i am a 3 time survivor of bilateral pulmonary emboli... and that only because of blood thinners.... my blood has a genetic predisposition to clotting, which means i am at major risk for heart attack, stroke or PEs.... if not for western medicine i would have died when i got the first round...

Probably not a bad idea to check in with a doctor... clot problems (like a heart attack) are not something to mess with at all.....
Not disagreeing with you or how you got your problem fixed. I will point out two things:
1. There is such a thing as epigenetics. This means that many health conditions lie dormant until triggered by poor nutrition (junk food, smoking, booze, other recreational drugs). If people didn't do those, they would not get medical conditions whose symptoms the medical establishment makes a lot of money from treating. Both good and poor health is (IMO) about 95% attributable to what we consume.
2. A good nutritionist and herbal wellness person could probably suggest natural remedies--not prescribing medication you understand, that would be illegal. More like a "try this, it works great for lots of people" situation. Just eating mostly healthy and taking a high quality vitamin/mineral formulation will do a lot. Then you supplement based on your particular situation.

3. Bonus point. The fact is that I am making a conscious decision to have nothing to do with the medical establishment (unless I get hit by a bus while crossing the street and texting, for example). I despise the corrupt racket that it is. While I'd like to live a long healthy life, I'll take health quality over longevity. Whatever anyone's religious beliefs are, or lack thereof, we all will die and it makes a lot of sense to come to terms with that.
I assure you that there are alternatives to the medical establishment that have high integrity.

Cue the Frank Sinatra song. You know which one.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself