Thread: Kpx250 lemon
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 09:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Bruce’s!

So, the transmission imploded in august and they sent me a new engine assembly under warranty, which is fine, shit happens. The engine went in well with no problems. It was seemingly fine for a couple hundred miles, then it inexplicably started having electrical gremlins.

The bike would start and idle beautifully but with the application of any throttle the engine would be very unhappy, misfiring, bucking, rpm’s unsteady with even throttle, up to and including the engine shutting off at rpm and sometimes the whole bike would shut off dash included. The bike would also shut off if the handle bars were turned to full lock to the right.

I informed venom and like usual they were great. It took them a while but they sent me a new wiring harness and ignition assembly which finally arrived today. The manufacturer on the other hand said they thought it was my ecu so I sent it off to Lifan and they “worked” on it. Today i carefully replaced the old harness with the new one, pulling out the old and putting in the new simultaneously, one plug at a time to avoid any problems or mix ups. All existing wires were also examined for damage. I replaced the ecu and the ignition assembly in the process and double checked all plugs.

Now my bike won’t even turn over the starter motor. Dash comes on fine but won’t do anything else. All lights/signals/horn work fine.