View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #21

rithac:

Do a search on this forum for 'Manny dealerships'. You will learn A LOT, and none of it good.

JerryHawk250, and many others, speak highly of Venom Motorsports. I have no interaction with them, but I trust the numerous positive reviews I've read. I would much rather deal with a dealership that treats me right (ie doesn't screw me over) and has a supply of replacement parts.

As for what to buy, I have a financial philosophy.
- Buy once, cry once, get exactly what I want, even if it costs me a bit more up front.
This ends up saving me $$ short and long term. If the item I'm evaluating hits all of my criteria, I will keep it.
If it doesn't meet all of my criteria but is cheaper, I may not be completely satisfied and will kick myself for not spending a bit more up front. This also leads to me dumping $$ into improvements, which often outweighs the initial savings. Or worst case I hate the thing altogether, sell it at a loss, and buy what I initially wanted (costing me time and money).
In the case of China bikes, the resale value really isn't the best. Finding a buyer for a CSC TT250 or a Templar is a lot different than a Kawasaki or Honda in large part due to name recognition.

I hope all this makes sense. I know it doesn't answer your questions, but I hope it provides some guidance.
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"