View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 04:32 PM   #11

Thanks for all the input! It's been helpful.

I'm really leaning toward getting matching bikes in different colors so (as magician16 pointed out) one doesn't feel cheated if one bike is perceived as better than the other. I don't think the size of the Hawk 250 will be an issue for my 13yr old 5'10" son, but should I have any concerns for the 16yr old 5'8" daughter? Are there any easy mods to lower the seat if necessary? Should I have any concerns about the weight of the bike being around 280lbs?

The Apollo RXF 200 looks like a strong contender, but for the same money I could get either the rps hawk or x-pro hawk with fuel injection and would have lights.

The more I think about it, the less it would need to be street legal so long as it has a headlight & taillight. In your opinion is the "rps hawk" and the "x-pro hawk" basically the exact same bike? Or is one better than the other? From the dealers I've looked at (all not in my state) it appears I could have one dropped shipped to my door pretty quickly.

I do like the price tag on the suggested VENOM THUNDER | 125CC suggested by TomInMo but worry about it looking and/or feeling small to a teenager that is wanting to move up to a 'full size' bike. Does anyone have experience with this bike and would the smaller engine have enough power with a 200+lbs rider?

And lastly, is their any dealer(s) you've had a great experience with in the US that I should check out before ordering? If I end up ordering, it will be a Christmas present, any chance of big sales before the end of the year such as Black Friday? Can I expect the prices to fall any further as the riding season ends and cooler weather sets in?

Thanks again for all the discussion, it's been very helpful!