Thread: tbr7 electrical
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 01:14 PM   #1

tbr7 electrical no spark

SSooo about 6 weeks ago, My bike battery was constantly dying quickly. I ordered a new battery. One of the ones I have seen listed here. installed it and added a battery tender connector. went to start bike, white smoke started up, tried again same thing. put old battery back in no smoke but it wouldn't start. had a bad summer with quite a few unexpected problems. when I did get to look at it I am fairly sure there is no spark. I am having trouble finding someone to work on it seeing as i am horrible with electrical... anything. SO i am going to dive in but I can't seem to find good material for tracking out wires or what i should be looking for... other the melted wires....

any advice as to where to find source material for the electrical handicapped. or what could have fried is appreciated. I am thinking since they dropped the bike alot when it was delivered and i wasnt home and i had found some loose wires before under headlight, maybe something sparking???

I am adding some pictures. I am wondering what wire that is that melted. one shows the ground that follows the green wire. And a picture of a wire with a white cap that went to nothing. any advice is appreciated. I finally have time to start working on it so hoping for some direction. Far as I can tell there is no spark now.
Attached Images

Last edited by Loraphet; 10-08-2023 at 01:11 PM. Reason: adding pictures