View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 09:30 PM   #1

Baby's new shoes

My poor Lifan KPR 200 thumperette is out in the garage hanging from the rafters by tie downs waiting for new tires both front and rear. Gonna go to a local motorcycle dealer in the morning to get the new Michelin Pilot Street 2 tires mounted.

Thing I don't like is I cannot find any tires in stock sizes of 90/90-17 front and 120/80-17 rear and had to settle for 100/80-17 front and 130/70-17 rear in an effort to come close to the same tread profiles.

Sadly, judging from the first Michelin Pilot Street 2 rear tire I had mounted 6500 miles ago the tread profile is nowhere near close to the stock tires. And yet there just isn't anything out there that I could find.

Why am I complaining? The KPR thumperette handles really really good in sharp curves with the stock tire sizes tread profile giving great confidence to dive into even 90 degrees corners at speed but is a bit skittery with the different tread profile Michelins. Anyone know of any tubeless 90/90-17 and 120/80-17 tires available in the U. S.?