View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 09:19 AM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
I have changed the rear sprocket to a lower tooth count or the front to more teeth on almost all my bikes in the past with satisfactory results. The DF250RTG seems to like the less teeth rear sprocket just fine.
Considering doing the same modification and reduce the rear sprocket in order to get better top end cruising speed.

Can anyone comment on what the new top speed is with their set up and what the new comfortable highest cruising speed.

For example I can’t imagine holding 70 mph for long at all. As it is right now on my bike 45 mph in 5th gear is comfortable, but at 55+mph it sounds like it’s working too hard, screaming and shaking.

I don’t really feel comfortable holding those high revs for long.

I should mention that my bike is relatively new, with only 500 miles of easy lower RPM riding during these 500 break in miles. I have noticed though that with every 100 miles or so that the bike seems to open up more and more, so maybe it will feel better at higher speeds in time with more miles???

Is it worth modifying the rear sprocket? What’s the new long term cruising high speed without pushing the RPMs?