View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 07:57 AM   #1

New member from down Under

Hi, I Australasian, first generation mixed parentage. I have lived a full life but lost about fifteen years due to PTSD. I served 30 years in the combat related services (Infantry & Intel Recon). I have seen active service in Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan as well as several National Emergencies during my career.

I first started riding motorbikes when I was nine years old, and I have never stopped, that is now 55yrs of two wheeled joy. I have raced almost every type you can think of, but not ice racing...LoL, Australia just isn't the place for that! I reckon I have just about ridden all types of engine configuration as well,although I have not gotten try these 270' crank twins. They really sound great! Oh, I have never owned nor am I interested in even trying, owning or buying a Harley Davidson, except for the XR750 of flat track fame.

So, you may wonder, with all this bike history...Why did I buy a Chinese bike? Well, I have two. My first was a CFMOTO 300NK and the latest is a Kinlon KBR200RT. I had surgery to replace my left knee from a bad combat insertion from a helo' both ankle and knee were broken and fractured and in the usual way of fix it fast, it wasn't the best, eventually requiring a full replacement. I down sized my 1600 Nomad to a GV650 Hyosung. The idea was weight reduction, but the riding position, while comfortable was hazardous to my new knee and bad ankle, whenever I came to a stop. My leg was subjected to a sharp impact due to the riding position.

The 300NK was more upright and my feet literally just dropped to the road as I came to a stop. It was also much better on the back , I was able to ride for a couple of hours at a time now instead of the usual 45min.

Then this week I came across something called a Kinlon KBR200RT. It was a 2012 model, complete, registered and running for $800. I liked the look of it and thought of a few things I could do with it. I need to have something to focus on, to help stave off the PTSD. So, I tend to get old or part bikes and re engineer them for kids or whatever.

This one is for me, I want a super Motard style play bike. Up close you can see it is rough, but that just presents a challenge. I think they used house paint on it. It runs, sometimes coughs and farts, but the fuel is old, the spark plug looks rusty as do all earth points. A whole new Carby is only $29 AUD and stuff like coil packs are cheap as well. Overall it has held up very well for an eleven year old dirt bike. I am more than impressed.

After I was discharged from the Army 2010, I went and lived in China for almost three years 2013-2015. I rode two different bikes while I was there, both RT style and they just never stopped. I swear I was riding on goat tracks sometimes, rural teaching was great, but I am glad my guide to the schools was light...It was like she had no effect on the bike at all.

So, I hope through here and another forum to find the help and support finding that special part, when i need it...or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Glad to be here, and I will certainly be glad to be back in China in November this year.