View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 09:30 AM   #14

I am hella outta riding shape...generally just old and fat. I can do something about the fat. Rode every day since I've owned it...farmer tan hard, arms are red. I will at least use a helmet, but right now I'm just breaking it in and so far the fastest I got it going was ~40mph, and only for a couple seconds. Cruising mostly in 5th at 30-35mph.

I am already enjoying it more than you know. You see, I don't like the world. Since the pandemic, I have been self-quarantined. I go out into the world about once a month when my wife and I make a trip to Colorado. I will occasionally go into town for grocery shopping and such, but mostly been house bound for a couple years now. The hermit life suits me.

I grew up in the SF Bay Area in California, surrounded by 7 million people. There's this dome of "psychological static" that covers the place and, living under it, it is inescapable. I can not describe how difficult it was to break free of it when I finally decided to leave that Godforsaken place. Of that 7 million, less than a handful even noticed I was gone...or cared.

If this country falls, it will be due to Godlessness. The battle before us is spiritual more than physical. Get right with God or get right with Satan. Atheism is burying your head in the sand and pretending you don't have to choose.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin