View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 03:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
Solid plan! Also double check the torque of critical fasteners.. I find using Honda published torque specs when possible a good rule to live by.
As an update. Yesterday I changed the oil with 15w-40 Rotella, I also put in 92 octane gasoline. Tightened up a few bolts, killed the battery just trying to get a few things idleing right. And well. Today, I jumped it off with my portable battery jumper and took my first ride in my yard!

Found first gear no problem, cruized around getting a feel for the bike, came to a stop. Forgot to go into neutral woops. So it stalled. Started it back up, got going. Came to a stop after finding neutral. Started going again in 1st gear, tried switching to neutral after a few laps around my house and hit 2nd gear LOL, a bit of a scare there but remained calm and got it back down to first, then to neutral, and stopped. And now that I was feeling a bit more comfortable I tried coming to a stop switching to neutral and setting down my left leg this time incase I ran into an incline in the future wanted to practice that and fell. Haha. All is good though!

I'm getting pretty comfortable with the one foot method for everything, getting comfortable with my clutch and throttle. Coming to a stop is still a bit of a struggle since I'm pretty short but, we're getting there and I'm not struggling too much.

I still need to adjust the valves, you can realy hear them clacking about.

And I had a question as well.

I have the choke positioned all the way down. I.E. I pushed the lever down not up. I was struggling having it staying running with the choke all the way up, but once I got it all the way down and adjusted the idler, starts up PERFECT and idles great.

Is it ideal to have the choke all the way down? Does that mean the choke is closed or open? Adjusting the choke just adjusts the amount of air that comes in right?