View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 02:05 PM   #1

Rear rack for Qlink XF200 (and others?)

I searched around quite a bit for an XF200 rack, but they seem to be unobtanium... Especially now 10+years later. I couldn't find any concrete info on what else would fit either.

I took a chance on a rack made for a Yamaha xt250 since the mounting looked very similar. Figured it would need some light modification or at least fab different brackets. To my surprise it appears to be a direct bolt on with the brackets and hardware that comes with the kit!

Sofar I just have it on finger tight with the bodywork off. The flat side mounts on the rack just need to flex inward about 1/4" per side, but that might be normal even on the Yamaha. I'll need to do some cutting on the side panel bodywork to clear the forward mounts. The upper fender body piece should clear fine under it but I don't know 100% for sure yet. Should fit the same on any bike that had the same rear end/grab rails.

Going to be out for a few days, but once I get back I'll work on it some more and update.

Note: The xt225 appears to have similar but different mount locations (lower down) so I doubt a rack from that would fit properly. I saw folks over at mychinamoto claiming they would modify them to fit, but the pics are long dead so IDK.

Last edited by DrewsBrews; 06-21-2023 at 11:37 PM.