View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #27

So, I took it for a ride today, keeping the RPM's low and it ran great! Albeit a short 5 miles and staying close to home just in case. Lots of starts and stops and few hills, it ran great. I pulled back into my driveway and was smiling. I pulled the plug, even though I had ran through a few stages it was a cinnamon color. I did not go to WOT.

I also finally got my plates and insurance.

I plan to take it out tomorrow For a more comprehensive test run and see what happens.

If it runs great, awesome. If it blows up, so be it. At least I tried, and have learned so much! I didn't blow up a $13000 KTM. I might be pissed if that happened. In my mind, I have a Hawk sitting there that needs some love...

For all of you supporter's, I thank you! For the hater's, go piss in your hat... You should be thankful you didn't get a bike that would blow up....

I for one am grateful that I have two bikes and am fortunate enough to have the courage to rebuild a motor. It has been frustrating and angering, but at the same time therapy. I work an extremely demanding job, have grandkids and still found the time to figure it out.

You should all ask yourself, what is it for.

This is supposed to be a community of supporters. While I find that is true for most, some should check themselves and figure out what is really going on...

We are all here for fun... At least that is what I thought...

Are you here to have fun or be a hater?

Think on it...

Best,
Ken

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.