View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 01:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraverseBay View Post
Hello... New here.

I have a 2023 Trailmaster TM 35 coming in a week or so which has a YS - CB250F 5SPD motor and I am just wondering if anyone here has one and if anyone has done modifications to it.

I am curious if the stock carburetor is decent, or should I go ahead and order one now. And if so, would a 28 mm be adequate or should I opt for a 30 mm. According to the website, it comes with a PE 28 carb from the factory. I have experience using Mikuni carbs only, but it seems here that a Nibbi carbs are a favorite. Any opinions on that are welcome.

Secondly, does anyone have a recommendation for an exhaust for this or is the exhaust already decent to begin with?

Thanks for any interest shown in my questions, and I'm open to whatever suggestions you guys may have.

Thanks,

Jason
Welcome Jason. I'm pretty sure that the TM35 is very similar to the Templar 250. The Carb is fine except that you need to remove a plug that hides the idle mixture screw and either slot the bolt heads or grind them off to remove the float bowl to rejet. I chose to grind the heads off and buy replacement SS allen bolts from my local hardware store.

As for the exhaust, I am not aware of a direct replacement performance pipe. The best option seems to be to decat the oem pipe. GL

Last edited by Fast_Freddy; 05-30-2023 at 11:36 PM.