View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 05:44 AM   #33

I'm a lurker and I just can't justify 5k as a parent that also has to deal with inflation on food, fuel, electricity, water and the fact that if there were an emergency I couldn't sell these bikes and get out close to what I put in. I wouldn't rush out and buy the SG400 when I can find a Honda 500CC easily and not think twice about resale value. I can get cars with more HP for less and that is what most people have in their heads. I recently bought a 2020 SG250 with 114 MI. People are questioning my sanity because its a Chinabike because Japanese bikes are so cheap but only if you are watching out like a hawk because the used market is still coming down.. Almost no forums are making a big deal of documenting the upgrades. That includes Reddit and and the Adventure Riders forum. I like to experiment. I am not afraid of wrenching, AutoCAD or making things but I still expect there to be a decent level of spare parts support as well. I can't go to CSC and get a carburetor rebuild kit for the SG250. I have to spend my time manually digging up parts and waiting on shipping. That's my only problem with this stuff. I can find scooter parts easier than stock parts. It's also a gamble buying parts off Amazon and Aliexpress. I am fully aware that Zongshen makes parts for everything under the sun but I need them to be easier to source locally as well. With a Honda I can literally find parts everywhere.