View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 10:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Well I took the bike on about a 20 mile ride with the new helmet. It was a windy day today and the visor was trying to catch the wind on the highway. And a head down attitude was in order when I took her on a top speed blast down the road. That visor may find its way off the helmet. Other than that the helmet is comfortable and I love the two sheilds, one clear outer and one retractable tinted one.
I bought a dual sport helmet from Amazon a couple years ago when I bought my Brozz, and it did look good, and was a comfortable helmet, it was probably a little too cheap . I took the overhanging visor off almost immediately. Just a slight turn of the head at speed, and that thing would catch wind, and go to tugging hard on the chin strap. I have a few just regular full face helmets now 2 HJC, and 1 AFX brand, and 1 HJC 3/4. I seldom wear the AFX, and usually only wear the 3/4 in warm weather, but not often. As long as you get a safe helmet, the only advice I can offer would be to get a helmet that fits, and has good vents, that will stay open, or shut , and if you wear glasses, like I do, then a flip up face shield is a necessity, I personally like the quick latch chin straps, but I have learned to live with the D-ring, by just loosening the strap enough to slip the helmet off. If you wear glasses, then you will have to take them off, every time you remove, or put on a full face helmet, and I have had glasses fall off the seat a few times as well. . I personally hate the little face shield locks on helmets, and I disable them. It's nice to be able to quickly open, or even just crack open the face shield as you are slowing down to reduce fogging at times. The main thing is to get a safe helmet.