View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 06:49 PM   #6

I've given up on "dual sport" helmets which seem to have a lot of drawbacks with not much benefit except looking "dirt bikey," and at that rate I'd rather just wear a competent motocross helmet and goggles, because then at least if you're really going to be wallowing in the muck you can also use tear-offs. I find that the dual sport lids are usually heavier, noisier, and come in fewer shell sizes than their street counterparts while certainly not costing any less in exchange.

I ride with a Bell Qualifier DLX most of the time, which works just fine for me. I use it on and off road on my KLR and also on my Orion. It had the photochromic "ProTint" visor on it, but now that it is in its third year of use the photochromic aspect has largely worn out and it doesn't get very dark in the sun anymore. I have a Bell MX-9 (not the ADV version) that I use when I'm really going to be bushwhacking in the deep woods, or for those few weeks in high summer when it's too hot to ride with your visor closed anyways.