View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 07:21 AM   #204

I recently purchased a spare rear wheel for my Titan and ran into a problem I think everyone needs to be aware of. Upon disassembly I noticed the swingarm was deformed where it was tightened in the swingarm. On further investigation I noticed that the outside wheel bearing spacers were very sloppily made, too much ID clearance around the axle and IMO an insufficient amount of engagement on the swingarm itself, insufficient OD to rest/tighten to the swingarm itself. I think this is the issue that caused tkjn99's rear wheel to fall off. The combination of sloppily made spacers and a too large slot for the rear axle to go through creates an unsafe situation for ALL Titan owners and needs checking ASAP. My solution was to purchase 2 SS flat washers to install between the outside spacers and the inside of the swingarm. The dimensions for spacer are 15MM ID, 32mm minimum OD and .013mm or .005" thickness. Obviously you'll need to file/grind/cut the outside spacer .005 to match sprocket alignment on the chain side, I didn't do this on the brake side without ill effects. I hope ALL Titan owners take a look at your rear wheel/swingarm first chance you get as we've already seen 1 person in a serious accident because of this issue. When you pull the rear wheel and spacers you'll probably see the swingarm deformed where the spacers tightened against it and tried to "push through" it, because of beforementioned factory inaccuracies rendering your torquing of the wheel to swingarm irrelevant because you're actually tightening the wheel against itself. Good luck to all, ride safely.