View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 11:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuboi941 View Post
Already planning on getting an oil cooler, but again… not really planning on going on the highway, our roads speed limits are 45 and everyone goes 60 I just wanna make sure we’ll both be able to be safe out there (which I believe we will even if it’s stock.)
Well you said "won't die on on the highway" lol. You might not die, but you're gonna feel like you might. There's no power left in it to get out of the way when you need to at highway speeds.
Also as a main/only mode of transportation it is not comfortable for long rides - there are ways to make it more comfortable obviously, but it's no cruiser.

I've turned mine into a bike capable of highway transport and it's decently comfortable after a new seat, seat pad/cushion, windshield, anti vibration grips, etc but after you get it ready for all that you've spent hundreds more lol.
Looking back if I have 2500 cash might have gone a different route, got something capable of hitting 80 lol

But I'm poor, got approved for 1500 through amazon and didn't look back.

Personally, after seeing how these things come stock I wouldn't feel safe on it straight outta the box....you need to go over a lot of stuff, every bolt, brakes, all cables, make sure all lights work, CHECK THAT CHAIN! etc, etc.

My bike arrived missing the front axle nut, the rear brake light was not adjusted properly so it never came on when touching the brakes (until I adjusted it)
Had a short in the start/kill switch, the chain was also incredibly loose on mine and simply fell off one day. Luckily got it back on and babied it home.
The stock rear brake setup is held together by a pin, which fell out while riding on me and I lost rear brakes. I drilled a bigger hole there, put a nut, bolt, washer, lock washer and blue loctite on it and fixed it.

I've also heard people getting it with the chain too tight, which can lead to snapping that thing.

It's "safe" after all the kinks are worked out.

The road I live off is also 45 and everyone does 60. After plenty of mods it's fine for that, but stock I think 45-48 was my top speed before the break in lol