Thread: 2022 re int650
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 10:42 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I was eyeballing a couple of Continental GT rigs that the local Ural/RE dealer has in stock. If I wasn't staring at some expensive dirt work coming up...
With our canyons here, the Conti GT would be a blast.
I was able to put on about 40 miles yesterday. Still trying to get it to the 300 mile break in service. I'm about half way there now, thanks to the weather. More riding today.

I can tell you this cheesy, I've NEVER ridden such a nice shifting bike. Best transmission I've ever used...and it's still new. Also, it's no HP monster @ 47....but the torque delivery is virtual perfection. From low on up in a graceful curve. The bike is a true pleasure to ride. So far, I'm really lovin it.

There are things to do, of course. I scoured the internet on "issues" to be addressed out of the box. Apparently, RE uses GOBS of white grease on the four relays behind the side cover. I guess it monsoons annually in India. Some folks say it's the grease, some say the stock relays are junk, most don't. Apparently, there have been scant reports of new bike cutting out because of this. So, being a good China Rider, as soon as I got it home, I cleaned out all the white grease (there was a s--tload) and replaced the stock four relays with Bosch units, along with dielectric grease. I now have the stock relays in back stock, just in case. Total cost for the Bosch relays delivered was 24.00. Cheap and no more possible worries. So far, that's the only thing I've heard of.

Being a China Rider, it's amazing to hear what other folks make such a big deal about. So far, this thing has been cake to wrench on. Nothing's hidden. You should at least take the Continental GT for a test ride!
Attached Images

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350