View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 09:28 AM   #24

Nc300, nc450

The arrival of a true 250 (ZS172FMM) in a dual purpose convert last year (Templar series) was a game changer, and the more refined KPX with EFI was a good complementary option in the street legal full sized dirtbike. Orion's EFI RXB 250 is another slightly different option in a street legal 20hp dirtbike.

Dual purpose isn't really a street bike, but it is a popular streetable category.

My entry point was a 230cc Storm, which is still a great value and there are many similar bargain bikes with that powerplant. I put a BIG and wide Tusk DSport on the Storm and it is a real goat! My son loves it. He uses it on the street to get to school and the pool (lifeguarding).

But I'd like to see water cooled OHC NC300cc or better yet NC450 street legal version of these bargain level dual sport bikes. Kove 450 is here (GPX is selling the rally), but it is real expensive. You see lower priced 450s in other markets, but not in North America. And it would be great to see the more competition for 2 stroke 250s and even 300s. GPX has them but again, on the pricey side.

The new thing is the adventure sport look with way too much weight high up for anything but pavement (in my opinion). It's the new "look". But I'd rather just find a used inline 4 cylinder 650 to 1000cc standard (or a used Bonneville!) and work on suspension upgrades and panniers for touring. Lower center of gravity means better cornering.