Thread: 2022 re int650
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 11:42 PM   #33

Between yesterday and today, I think I'm done.

Yesterday added the black "small" engine guards. Thought they'd look better than the chrome with the dark motif. Also added a skid plate and the Powerage Shorty slip-on exhaust, and DNA air filter kit (included filter and retainer) and ditched the restrictive snorkel. The Powerage Shorty's are far lighter, smaller, but not that much louder with the baffles. Nice light rumble at idle, and not obnoxious when you jump on it. Happy with that.

Today, I took off the rear rack. I'll keep it for later use when I need it. It just looks much cleaner without it. After all, the bike is Roadster, not a touring machine.

Then this afternoon, the Trip Machine Wingman side bags showed up to replace the glossy, thoroughly un-matching. side covers. Very happy with the quality and appearance of them. I thought they blended the matte tank with the rest of the bike quite well. Oh....and my neighbor checked. They hold more than they look. He got five full beer cans in each side! ;-)

Now if it would warm up so I can ride the dang thing!

I do have to say one thing about the Royal Enfield. I'm not sure if it's the factory, or the dealer I bought it from, or both, but this is the very first bike I've bought where the "dealer prep/uncrate/setup" was perfect. Other than personal adjustments, I went over this bike bumper to bumper, and not one single adjustment was needed. I've never had that happen before. The chain was adjusted to perfection and the rear wheel measured out perfectly straight. Tire pressures were right on. Every cable and lever was adjusted to perfect spec.......and the tank was brimmed full. Really weird. I always find something. Not this time.
Attached Images

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350