View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 12:47 AM   #12

Well, there is also the aspect that the bike was not good enough to keep in my opinion
although I loved the bike it was just too heavy for me I never expected that thing to feel that heavy but it feels like an 800 lb bike ! the weight is very high even after I lowered it!
I also sold the 4x4 Honda forman quad I had I only got 3500 for it which was horrable
but I had no paperwork on it.
.... in doing that I talked to a guy that had a XR650L that he wanted to trade for it
but a guy showed up and bought it and I actually thought it was him as he was a local fella... but he said no it wasn't him....
so I emailed the guy with the XR650L and told him it was sold and asked him if he wanted to sell the bike to me and he jumped at the chance I asked him how much he wanted and he said $1500 and I said I'll take it sight unseen for that and with the snow on the ground it might be a week before I can get there.... 3 days later he showed up with it to my door and I paid him $1600 for it I was going to give him $1700 because he delevered it but he insisted on only $1600.....
so far I have sunk $450.00 on it getting it up to snuff and I am really tickled about it
it's a 2001 year model and only has 6500 miles on it and is in real good shape....
it does need a new front tire and a rack for the back but I put hand guards on it mirrors
and wide foot pegs....and I am thinking about a Vapor dash so I'll have a tachometer...
I've also put a 13T front wider sprocket on it and have yet to ride it as it's been too cold!.... I've lowered it 2" and cut down the side-stand already
I just don't think 2" is going to be enough for that 37" seat height though ....
today I cut down the seat a long way so we'll see what that does I could touch with the balls of my feet before cutting down the seat so that may have helped alot.
I still need to drop the front forks to match the rear for handling
but I'm really happy I am hoping I can wheelie by blipping the throttle ! as that is always a thing that makes a bike fun !
Bob.....
Attached Images