Thread: Honda XR150L
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 03:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
Our South American and Southeast Asian brothers report that this same bike, or something very nearly identical, has been on sale outside of the US for quite some time. If this is the same bike as the SA/SEA models its build quality is reportedly of distinctly Chinese character, i.e. not as nice or well built as we've become used to from Honda models meant for Western consumption. (Apparently this is also the case with the Navi, which was originally a model made for sale in India.) If this thing is actually produced by Lifan, I'd believe it.

It appears to have the usual CRF derived overhead cam engine in it, and sports a clearly visible carburetor in its product glamor shots. Even the Hawk is fuel injected these days! Let alone the KPX, current RXB's, etc.

Pros: You can take it to the dealer if something goes horribly wrong.

Cons: You're going to pay the Honda Tax, plus get raked over the coals by your dealer, since this bike will be exclusively distributed via the usual $tealership channels.
The more info i'm looking at the XR150l being sold in Canada, the more i can say it's the same model being sold here.

To be fair with the Xr150l, it's quite more reliable than a chinese lifan and less prone to rust.

This girl being riding around the south of south american and she while she cares for the xr150l she is not gentle with it. Overloading it, riding over 1000 km in less than a day which for an air cooled engine is quite a number.

In that video the bigger brother of the xr150l can be seen the Xr250 Tornado, which is also a lifan made with many parts being made in south america. From my point of view that XR250 was a better choice to sell in Canada it's a dohc engine that outputs 25 hp.. But i guess it would be in a price range that would compete with better motorcycles sold by honda.