View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 10:43 PM   #6

dr650 project update

So as I expected its been one thing after the other on this bike however it is a project bike with no time limit and a (fun)learning experience. The first problem was the throttle was very tight and would stick when the wheel was turned either way. Some penetrating oil and a cable reroute fixed that problem. Next, the choke cable was froze solid. I took apart both ends and ran penetrating oil thru the cable and problem solved. Next, I went to pull the plugs and the inner plug was rusted in big time. After 2 days of working it back and forth along with PB blaster it finally came out. Also I took XLsior's advice and put oil in the cylinder(I used Marvel Mystery oil)and left it over night in case there is any kind of corrosion in there. After blowing it out(the starter does work but makes a noise) I put new plugs in and some gas(non-ethanol) and now the petcock and the carb. leaks. I ordered a carb. kit but haven't decided if I will rebuild the petcock or change to a non vacuum one like the Yamaha Rapter uses. And the Saga continues.LoL

2022 kpx250
2007 Suzuki dr650se(project bike)
2002 Hyosung prima 50
1979 Kawasaki KZ650sr
1972 Kawasaki F7 175
1971 Kawasaki G5 100