Thread: bait and switch
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 07:43 PM   #2

Aliexpress has changed a lot of late. I’ve ordered from them for more than 13-14 years now?? I’ve had very good luck over all with sellers but I’ve also had maybe two bait and switch scammy sellers in with all of those years of orders. The last was a dual station pyrography machine. The seller sent me a single station version but charged my for the dual station model. Back then every purchase was screenshot and saved on aliexpress so when I saw I was getting bait and switch I immediately raised a dispute using the dispute button. Aliexpress saw the screen shot and saw my complaint was valid. I suggested that because I would now have to buy a second machine when in bought a two station machine that the seller should only get half of my money they charged me for. Aliexpress agreed and took back half the purchase price and refunded it to me. I didn’t get what I wanted but the seller took a larger hit because the two station models price was bit much more than the single station prices at other stores.

Aliexpress also in the past held all your payment in escrow and you had to log in after you received the item you ordered and click that you received the item and choose to leave a review. Now that changed to they held it in escrow like before but if you never logged in after 90 days or so after ordering they automatically released the purchase funds to the seller. And today???? Who knows. It’s been so long since I ever had an issue with anything I ordered on aliexpress I don’t know what is there anymore to support disputes. Do they even have the dispute button anymore on your order history?

I noticed all the reviews I left and received have been deleted and they switched to a new reviews system sometime ago??

Be interested to see how you go with the dispute process to get a modern update on how buyer friendly they are today versus in the past when they wanted to assure the world they would do everything to make sure you got what you paid for on their website.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility