View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 04:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
That fender will definitely have some bracing affect on the front end. When I removed the front fender from my GL1000 goldwing the front end became very numb and loose. I ended up buying a fork brace for it to fix it.

I was actually just thinking it could be a good alternative for more road driven Hawks. Not such a good option for guys going in the mud
I wasn't real sure that I could get my Hawk registered because I bought it used from the original purchaser,and just got the MCO, but for the price of $600 for a bike with only 62 showing on the odometer, I bought it knowing that about everything would work on my TBR7. Here in WV ALL motorcycle registrations renew on February 1st, so I waited till February 1st before taking the MCO to the title place, and letting them run it through the DMV. The woman working there wasn't real sure that it would work out, but she said she would try, and "push it through", and just today they called and told me that they had my new plate, and registration, so as has been mentioned here before, It is probably best to have a title service deal with getting a title made, if you live in an area that has one. It only cost me $32 dollars for their fee ,the rest of what I paid was cost that the DMV would charge anyway. I will probably be using the Hawk for the back roads more, and the TBR7 more for better roads, so I may order another fender bracket if the guy still has any, and try to extend it a little to go over the Hawk tire.