Old 02-08-2023, 07:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Simplest explanation I can give.

SG400 + processing fees and delivery costs = $5300
RZ3S Haylon 400 + processing and shipping at current sale price = $4600

2022 Yamaha MT03 + dealer fees at local dealership = $5100
2023 MT03 + Fees = $5400

MT03 is 50lbs lighter, makes 14 more hp, has a ton of factory and aftermarket support all over the country.

There are a ton of other big brand bikes in that category and the comparison is basically the same.

Meanwhile, in the cheap Hawk and Hawk like bike category.

KLX230 out the door = $5300
My Hawk delivered $1400. My silly number of upgrades cost about as much as the bike. Still half the price.
A KPX250, a very good bike to compare to the KLX is still 2 grand less. The KLX does have some advantages, sure, but for most guys doing light off road and street duty, you won take advantage of it.

That's why the cheap Hawk bikes are so prolific, and why nobody buys the bigger class of bikes available. The appeal was always in the cost savings, and there isn't enough savings. If the RZ3S Haylon 400 was 4k delivered, It would sell like the KPX250.

I would agree….. That Haylon 400 was on my short list. I could get it shipped right to my door for just shy of $5k. Its steap, but looking around there isnt much at that price range… like you said for not much more I could get into a new Jap bike.
then you cannot ignore the second had market, although dealing with a privit party is a real pain and there alot of value to just ordering something online and having it show up a few weeks later.
There really isnt anything out on Youtube about the Haylon, the main reason I passed it up.
I am currenly waiting for delivery on a new KPX…. I looked good and hard at the Hawk EFI, and the KPM 200…. I settled on the KPX as I would really like to build a supermoto.
I wish we could get a reasonable quick smaller bike from china…. in the 300-350cc range. Im thinking Hawk quality here, maybe supermoto or cafe racer styling. Keep it cheap, but still give me EFI.