View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #5

I have my TBR7 set up similar to yours, but I plan to start doing some internal mods soon, and will be installing a fork brace. The fork brace evidently makes a noticable improvement, at least on the Hawks. Dan, and Jerry, and I'm sure several others have them. I should have had my engine mods done, but things have came up. They will be a home port job on the head, a thinner gasket, and maybe shaving the head a little, also a 4 degree advance key, and a longer duration cam, with roller tip followers.. My bike is actually pretty satisfactory on power now. I am running a 17/46, and have no need for any higher gearing. My stock speed odometer is accurate, which is evidently not common, but the bike runs 55 at about 6,700 rpm, according to the cheap little inductive tach I have. I also intend to install an oil cooler. There are other small mods that people do to these bikes like folding shifter, and wider foot pegs. Some go with better handle bars as well. I will add that it's not a bad idea to replace your rear sprocket studs with Honda studs.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 02-01-2023 at 10:31 PM.