Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 10:41 PM   #592

I kind of thought this was why it took me so long to get shit done. I proved it today.

The plan was to get the Christmas decorations off of the Ural. While getting that done, I noticed that another bobbin on the front rotor ran off. Kind of a pain in the ass to get that replaced with the caliper in place. So, pull the caliper and get the new bobbin in. Then I noticed I had a wobble in the hub. Pull the wheel and check the bearings. They're good but in need of adjustment. Pull the bearings and clean the hub bore. Reassemble and adjust the hub bearings. Put the wheel and the caliper back on. All good. Clean the gook off my hands then grab my roller blade bag to toss it in the sidecar. Notice that the hack windshield is still in place but folded down. Grab the two wrenches needed to remove the windshield and get that done. Then notice the floor of the sidecar is getting kind of messy, so pull the floor mat out and vacuum out a shitload of summer. Put the mat back in place, throw my skate bag in the hack, and batten down the tonneau cover.

So, that's why it took me two and a half hours to take the Christmas lights off of Arpok.

It was such a nice day that I rode the rig to the roller rink, only to find out the rink is closed for maintenance.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts