Thread: The Tomahto!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 08:02 AM   #27

I spent about two-fitty yesterday on all that stuff, and fitty alone was for the three JIS screwdrivers.

I think I will partially drop the motor Friday--i.e. pull the top mount bolt and rotate the motor downwards a little. I want to reroute the wiring that comes out of the front of the frame, as currently it is crammed up against the carb. 1968 and 1969 were oddball years for the CT90. Honda was thrashing around trying to figure out how to do stuff. By 1970 they had a good handle on what the design should be. My frames are different. Centerstands are different. There were three different designs for CT90 airboxes in three years! Early CT90s had no transfer case, just two rear sprockets, and you needed to add or remove a short length of chain to change between them. Three different carb designs IIRC.

Even the shifter changed. ON FB there is some discussion of the best angle to put the heel/toe shifter, and the consensus is toe slightly down, heel up. But you can't do that with the 1969 shifter, you can only mount it flat because the rear half does not clear the high/low transfer case. On the 1972 one, the angle of the heel section is changed so that it will clear the case. So since I will be sticking a Chinese motor in The Carrot, I grabbed its shifter for The Tomahto.

Later on I will take a pic of both shifters, so you can see the difference.

As far as the Whitworth tools go, you should also find that on some sizes you can substitute a metric or SAE tool. Kinda like 3/8" is effectively 10mm, 3/4" is 19mm. Might be worth making up a comparison chart.

Like this one:
Attached Images

1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Last edited by TominMO; 01-05-2023 at 06:02 PM.