Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 06:55 AM   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwilson View Post
Hey all - I have been fighting some problems with the new bike. Everything was working well after assembly, but then yesterday I noticed it had leaked a good amount of gas the weekend while it was parked. Did a little checking and couldn't easily see a source so I just decided to ride for a bit and then turn the gas off and let it run empty prior to parking it again.

This is when the second problem popped up. I had a really hard time getting it started. I live in AZ and the temp was 45ish, but it simply would not start. Fought with it for a good 10-15 minutes. Had to let it rest a couple times as the battery was starting to die, but finally got it running. It wouldn't idle and I had to keep the choke on more than normal. Finally got to the point where I could just ride and let warm up more. After about 5 minutes riding around the yard, it just died. I wanted to get it running again in order to shut the gas off and let it run empty, but it wouldn't start again, so I just parked it. Went out this afternoon and sure enough, there is another puddle of gas under it that leaked out.

I have read through this entire thread and have heard of all sorts of different things from adjusting valves, manifold gasket/RTV, and throttle cable management to rejetting and/or replacing carb.

I am not super mechanical, but I can tackle all of these if needed, but I was hoping for some guidance or perhaps an order on which to attempt first for most probable cause...

Any feedback would be great...
It sounds like your float valve is sticking open in the carb....sometimes simply tapping on the carb will clear it, but if not, you'll need to open up the carb (or replace it)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member