Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 10:24 PM   #969

Couple problems - might be related?

Hey all - I have been fighting some problems with the new bike. Everything was working well after assembly, but then yesterday I noticed it had leaked a good amount of gas the weekend while it was parked. Did a little checking and couldn't easily see a source so I just decided to ride for a bit and then turn the gas off and let it run empty prior to parking it again.

This is when the second problem popped up. I had a really hard time getting it started. I live in AZ and the temp was 45ish, but it simply would not start. Fought with it for a good 10-15 minutes. Had to let it rest a couple times as the battery was starting to die, but finally got it running. It wouldn't idle and I had to keep the choke on more than normal. Finally got to the point where I could just ride and let warm up more. After about 5 minutes riding around the yard, it just died. I wanted to get it running again in order to shut the gas off and let it run empty, but it wouldn't start again, so I just parked it. Went out this afternoon and sure enough, there is another puddle of gas under it that leaked out.

I have read through this entire thread and have heard of all sorts of different things from adjusting valves, manifold gasket/RTV, and throttle cable management to rejetting and/or replacing carb.

I am not super mechanical, but I can tackle all of these if needed, but I was hoping for some guidance or perhaps an order on which to attempt first for most probable cause...

Any feedback would be great...