View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 04:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Is there a chance to have tire/fender contact?
No. Not on mine at least. Read the description on post #15 for clarification. I compensated for the one inch shorter shock length with over 350 pound increase in preload on the rear coil spring.

As I mentioned, it used to sag more than three inches when I sat on it. Now it sags less than one inch. I also stiffened the compression damping.

As I mentioned above, the result is limited sag and it doesn't rebound to 37.5" anymore. Any hard core racer would not like giving up shock travel, but I don't do 20 foot jumps or huge woops

It is just stiffer sooner. I could always return it to stock shock length and even relax preload, but this works better for my riding style, and it's easier to get on, get off... I love it

Stock setup has huge sag and lots of rear shock travel. That's what an enduro rider that makes big jumps wants. I just tightened up the shock and lowered it. It works nicely for moderately aggressive riding. I will not be able to compress this swingarm far enough to cause contact between the tire and fender. No way.