View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 12:27 PM   #67

First ride what a blast

First Ride

10 Miles put on the OD.

I got lost in my own housing estate! - LOL

I never visited the back half of my housing estate before as it has only recently been constructed and houses built out, so I rode back there to have a look. Went through half the streets up and down as I got familiar with the bike handling at low speeds.

As the engine was now getting its own scoop air cooling I did some minor adjustments to the idle screw halfway through the ride and dialed it in nice.

Then I went out to the street on that side of the estate and headed north thinking I would hit the farm to market street that runs west to east on the north side of the housing estate.

There was some construction, I slowed down for that, passed on by and kept riding into the dappled shade of old tree lined curvy rural roads. What a lovely ride.

And then I noticed I never hit that farm to market road and instead ended up 4 miles up the road north past it some how.

So the adventure is already beginning, seeing more to the world around me that I never did before.

Wows from the ride. 24 MPH in 5th gear and 35 MPH in 6th gear. I will definitely need to install that lower tooth rear sprocket I have sitting on the workbench table.

I wound it out a bit on the ride back when I hit the wide straight housing estate development roads and got off the rural road section. I must have gotten close to 55 MPH indicated on the digital dash.

But yeah, it was pushing it to get up there on an engine that still needs the break in process with OEM low gearing.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility