View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #59

Home stretch

I am really in the home stretch now.

Tail Wiring has been cleaned up. I tried a few routing ideas and finally settled on some Gorilla Tape. Its expensive but the best and already in black. This seals the large hole from water penetration that is in the rear fender that leads to the battery and CDI electricals under the seat.

Name:  Tail Light Wiring Cleanup 01.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  147.4 KB

different angle

Name:  Tail Light Wiring Cleanup 02.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  143.3 KB

I did a sticker peel. Its rained all day and is overcast and dark, I'll wait for the sun to reappear tomorrow to get a peeled look.

Today I removed the tail luggage rack, tidied the wiring on the tail lights, reinstalled the luggage rack this time with blue locktite thread locker. Then I went around to the side plastics and gave those some blue locktite threadlocker.

Did a full test of the brake lights, running lights and turning signal lights. Put the seat back on this time with blue locktite thread locker and then put the battery back on charger/winter tender mode.

I peeled the warning stickers off the bike, they all came of easy. Except for one! The handlebar guard plastic had a warning sticker. It was old, these must have been manufacturered and sitting in a bin for a while at the factory. It left a lot of goo residue on the plastic.

I didn't have any remover, and I wasn't about to use acetone on plastic although it would do a lovely job on the goo. Time to break out the plastic safe high tech goo remover .

Name:  Plastic Safe Warning Sticker Goo Remover.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  140.0 KB
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility