View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #3

Well, that's not the kind of bike I want actually.... that's a street bike... I want a dual sport
something around the 250lb area up to 300lbs... but no heavier than that
and the DR650 or XR650L fit that description.....the only problem with either of those is the super high seat height... at 34" I can't even set on one and touch the ground....yet alone do any manovering in the rough like go over logs with it. so I would have to lower either of those a real long way.....
I had a XR650L a long while back that melted in a house fire that I had lowered by making a new longer lower link... but i have to admit it looked silly but I could ride it with no problem after lowering it... and it was an exceptionally tame bike...that could, if
pushed, do highway speeds.... Another problem with either 650 single is the ridiculously small gas tank but that can be swapped out for a larger one no doubt.
....but I really want something that will Wheelie at the twist of the throttle... that is really what I want, something that is fun to play with ! and I know how to fix a DR650
to do that... but I have not seen how to do that with an XR650L so because of that I am leaning toward the DR650....
CSC told me they could take the bike on consinement and they would sell it for $3500
even if it only has 205 miles on it..... it's like that is their set price so dealing with them is pirty much out ! Paying $5600 for the machine I don't want to take that big of a Hit
on it just to get another bike... I'll sell it for $4000 but not a dime less I've had a few guys inquire about it but nothing serious yet....
if it doesn't sell I guess I'll keep it and ride "Miss Piggy" anyway ! LOL
Bob......