View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 02:40 PM   #1

Lifan KPX Throttle Response / possible detonation

Well after riding my KPX some more, I wanted to report this. I haven't mentioned it before now as I was hoping the control module would "learn" so to speak. Simply put a CARB has better throttle response than this bike has. It has been that way since the day I started it. There is a noticeable lag in the twist of the throttle and the engine reacting to throttle input.

Another issue I suspect is going on is I heard what sounds like detonation at low speeds. And no, I was not lugging a gear too high for the speed I was traveling. Not sure if it truly is detonation (spark knock) or something is vibrating under the tank towards the top end of the motor. I'll know more when I have time to yank the plug to read it. Hopefully it isn't a lean condition as I have no idea how to richen the mix .

Just an update to this here community, I'm not one of those people who champion anything they own as being the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will spit the good, the bad, and the ugly.