View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 06:18 AM   #6

LOL I can't help ya because I'm in California ! but I would let ya ride it for a hour or so
... stock the bike was very Harsh riding to me the rear had absoultly no compression when I got on it ! (strange eh?) it's taken me 6 months or so to finally get the rear the way I want it and Now it compresses a small amount when I get on it and the ride is actually fairly pleasant... a bit harsh at times but that just might be the roads I ride on ... they are not very smooth ! I have done NO dirt riding at all with the RX4 as it is far too heavy for that in my mind it's 450lbs is about 30lbs MORE than my 1977 Triumph 750 Bonneville T120.... which is absurd ! but it is what it is ! the other day I cruised up the freeway about 20 miles doing 75 to 80 MPH (just keeping up with traffic here) and the bike had no problem doing that I am sure it could do that all day and never brake a sweat ! So for a comfortable street bike, that is heavy... it's a great machine.
I put on Pivital type handle bar rizers so I could raise the fork tubes and lower the front of the bike this puts my hands a bit too high for my likings but i'll live with it.
the seat is great. it is fairly hard but what motorcycle seat isn't now days... after an hour's ride my butt is feeling it ! but I have not had any back problems or shoulder problems with this bike at all....although I did have a butt problem when I first got it as it literally "beat me to death" on these roads .... super hard ride ! but I think I finally solved that problem. different rear spring new lower link and lower tire pressure seams to have cured the problem for me.
Hope that helps....

Would I do it again ? NO.... it's too friggin heavy for this old man !
Bob.......