View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hi all, 2020 tbr7, usual mods, jetted, sprokets,chain,ngk,foam air filter,knobby tires.
Just moved to bowling green k.y. from long island n.y. went the Vermont registration.
Bike had about 600-700miles on it when I rode it in n.y. with a dummy plate, all suburbs and some woods. I've put about 125miles on the bike in the last 3 rides, exploring the bueatiful Kentucky country side. Bike does well, not really stable at higher speeds 60-65.
Ill put some of the blame on the NON dot tires I put on trying to improve handling on LONG Island sand. (not much of an improvement). Overall I like the bike! Ill just stick to the back roads where the speeds are up to 50mph. That's where the bike (and me) are most comfortable. The when the knobbies are worn ill switch to a kenda, or shinko brand.
Bike is a lil tall, and heavy for my size (5/7) I've lowered it as much as I can. Shaved the seat, fork tubes up 2 inches. Preload all the way down in back. For a 1380$ bike I'd have to say its worth it.I have gotten compliments on it. Winter is comming, I hope to have a few more rides before hibernation. I want to cut the cat but leave the muffler (?) And get a 4* timing key. Maybe send the head to bet ported. My automotive skills allow me to tinker, and will keep this bike in proper repair. I'd like to get a TW200 but they are expensive. And used ones as rare as they are, is like gold (thanks tbskid)lol.

I've done all those mods you're talking about and they're well worth it. Also add a fork brace, it prevents the forks from twisting under heavy braking
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace