Thread: GPX vs Orion
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 09:25 AM   #3

I don't have any direct experience with the GPX bikes but they are made with many shared components in the same factories. Obviously, GPX has many more models and appears to be better funded to support parts/dealer network etc..etc...

If you are comparing GPX FSE250e to the Orion RXB250 the differences are:

#1. Frame size/geometry are slightly different. I think the RXB is a more compact chassis, with a shorter wheelbase. Orion claims the steel quality is better but I don't know the details on what GPX is speced with.

#2. The RXB250 is fuel injected, the GPX has a carb.

#3. The suspension is different. They are both Chinese copies of other brands from an earlier age but I think GPX probably has better forks if you are the type of rider who can take advantage of it. Joe Henner offers suspension tuning for both.

#4. The engine is the same on both. Both use the Zongshen CB250-F with a counterbalanced 6-speed.

I'd say they are probably about equal in build quality. The difference is in how they are supported, and parts availability and GPX is using a dealer network as well as selling direct. They have many more models so you might find a better fit in their model range.

I bought the Orion on pre-order and have yet to get my bike so availability is another issue as Orion is frequently without product to sell. GPX as I said, appears to be better funded but they went through many supply disruptions as everyone else did.