Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 10:02 AM   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
Just placed the order.
Good choice. The standard round steel tubing that comes on most of our Chinese bike is adequate and works just fine. But if you begin to do some jumping and harder landings, you will appreciate having the Templar M.

The Templars have heavy duty powdercoated (not spray painted) oval shaped engine cradle tubing with a much heavier headset.

Name:  PowderCoatedOvalAlloyFrame.JPG
Views: 1038
Size:  173.0 KB
Name:  HeadsetMassiveUSDforkTripleTreepost.JPG
Views: 1039
Size:  215.2 KB

This translates to a much more stable feel in all conditions, which is confidence inspiring in off road situations. Even much more expensive bikes like the new fuel injected Hawk DLX ($600 more) or the KPX250 (nearly 2x $) use round steel tubing. That is perfect for dual purpose bikes, and adequate for lighter off road use.

Templar will endure much more abuse. I hit a telephone pole about a month ago on the 5 speed. It was flat in the grass, and I did not see it. I got thrown hard! The front wheel has no evidence of any damage, and the frame is also still perfect. Handlebars not bent. No damage!

More recently...
The other day, I was out in dried late Summer grasses and picked up some goat heads, or rather, the mid-Western equivalent of those SouthWestern tire hazards! I found it flat the next morning.

As long as I have to take off the tire, I am NOT putting the same tire and tube back on. I got a Tusk DSport Adventure rear tire to replace. This is the same tire I put on the Storm last year (but 19" not 17"). The michelin tube is a 4mm motocross/enduro tube. I am hoping this combo will resist flat tires a little better than OEM tire/tube.
This is my weekend project:

Name:  BigTusk.JPG
Views: 1036
Size:  191.4 KB

Name:  4mmMichelin.JPG
Views: 1037
Size:  200.8 KB

Last edited by Thumper; 10-14-2022 at 10:26 AM.