View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
I really cannot decide which bike to go with. the few things I want are:
-250cc engine not the 229, only the 249
-adjustable suspension
-kick start ability

Right now Apollo DB-36 has all of that but doesn't have the ability to be street legal.

I really wish the Temp M had adjustable susp.. it would be perfect. I'm starting to wonder how big of a deal adjustable suspension is, but I'm a heavier guy so I feel like it'll be important

The Temp X has everything but no kick start, which I think as a beginner I want just so I don't have to worry about stalling too much and killing the battery and being stranded somewhere. Plus the Temp X is the most expensive of the ones I'm considering.
You can change to heavier fork oil to gain some stiffness if the OEM forks are not stiff enough. I am pretty sure the rear spring has preload adjust, but you can always find an adjustable rear shock in the long run. The Temp M seems like a bargain. I really like my 5 speed engine, and glad it has the kickstart backup. It is torquey early on. NICE engine. I will have to keep a close eye on battery health on the 6 speed. It is a liability to have no kick start. I should be able to push start in a pinch. Lots of work running jumping on and dropping the clutch!!