Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 10:43 AM   #753

Hey all.. I'm back. I got the KLR650 a couple months back because I got sick of waiting for the Temp X to come into stock. Now I see there's a Temp M and a new 6 speed X. Crazy. The KLR is nice but as someone brand new to riding, I think I want something a little smaller and that I don't have to worry about banging up, so I'm back in the Chinese market.

I really only need a bike to practice on and just get familiar with shifting and general riding, but I think since long term the KLr will be my street bike, I want a mostly off-road Chinese bike that I can take on trails and stuff.

What's the best suggestion for that? Also money is a factor since I just bought the KLR. I'd like to stay cheap. The other thing is.. I'm anti-mechanically inclined, so I'd prefer something I don't need to do much too at first at least. I'm considering the Apollo DB-36 or the Thunder (I keep seeing conflicting things on the Thunder not being good for off road, but it has adjustable suspension which the DB doesn't).

Sorry for this being in this thread but this seems to be one of the most active threads and people like Thumper always seem to have useful replies! Plus, potentially a Templar could be one I choose.