View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 09:51 PM   #183

Does anyone have any advice for my carb setup? I am having some issues ever since changing the jetting on my VM26 that was linked here.
I have tried everything from 100-120 jets without much avail. Is everyone running a 110-120 jet on the Amazon VM26? as soon as I go past 1/4-1/2 throttle it will bog and die. It was running fine on the stock unmarked jet but only on CHOKE that appeared to be about the size of a #100 jet to my untrained eye. It also is having a pretty lumpy idle but I may need to continue working on the idle screw. I am worried about the stock air box too as it seems like the opening is not a completely perfect fit to the VM26. I am thinking I may get a 45mm pod filter and try that

Current state:
- orange box CDI w/ NGK plug
- removed emissions stuff
- stock airbox and filter
- stock VM26 pilot jet
- valves adjusted and in spec

I do not have the catalytic converter removed as I'm not sure I want to invest in a new exhaust if I haven't even been able to properly get everything sorted without it.

Today I tried a 120 and it bogged worse. I think I have a #105 in it now and tried moving the needle one spot richer (2nd to lowest). Should I try going back to the original CDI? The spark plug gap may be out of spec but I'm not sure that would cause bogging at 1/2 throttle.